We were excited to launch the FitForLife Ohio Summer Youth Camp for Girls ages 14-17. The free camp featured fun, positive and creative activities for young ladies designed to promote Life Skills, mental and physical wellness, empowerment, and purpose. Over a total of eight sessions held July 11-August 3, 2023, we provided impactful learning experiences at Southside Hope. Together with our partners, Crystal Hall-Boyce of Leap of Faith Dance Studio and LaTanya Settles of Forever Free Fitness, we empowered the youth in our community to be Fit For Life!
- A visit to a Columbus Public Library, free books to keep and a library card to access year-round resources
- Journaling and creation of custom vision boards
- Fire Safety and exploration of careers for women and minorities in public safety
- Self-defense techniques and how to establish personal boundaries
- Self-esteem and methods for healthy skincare
- Creative art project and learning to “First Love Yourself”
This program was made possible by funding and support from Columbus Recreation and Parks Department.